Tuesday 12 February 2008

Training has begun

The start of the training and a return trip from Middle beach Studland to Swanage bay and back. It is not the longest distance but I only had two hours spare which had to include travelling there. It was as you can see a glorious day and it was a maiden voyage for my new drysuit. Sadly the Tiderace Xplore has not arrived so I was paddling my old plastic faithful the Carolina.
The plan is to paddle from Studland to Swanage when I work early shifts. I estimate the trip at anything between 1 hour and 1 and 1/2 hours each way depending on tides, sea state etc. This will be my mid week training and I will have to try and up the hours and distance on the homeward stretch. Moose and I have planned a series of long weekend paddles which include a trip to the Scilly Isles and a circumnavigation of the Isle of Wight when the tides are right! I think the paddle fitness will come but the thought of sitting on my arse for 16-18 hours sounds painful! REMEMBER 'No pain no financial sponsorship gain'

What's that I hear you say, "Sat on your arse for that length of time...Nothing new there then!"




Well on the stretch home I paddled past this buoy with my initals on it. I will take this as a good omen. Thats my buoy!!


No comments: