Saturday 9 February 2008

Day at Rainbow House

I was lucky enough to visit Rainbow House in Bookham and have a guided tour by Louise Bingham, Corporate Fundraiser for Rainbow Trust. I wanted to see and experience the good work that the charity does. To tell you the truth it was a humbling experience but I walked away with fond memories knowing that the money that people donate goes to such a worthy cause!
The facilities were amazing and it was plane to see why the families that visit find Rainbow House such a special place. I cannot imagine how living day to day life with a child that is terminally ill or suffering from a life long illness can be and it was quite clear and apparent by all the posters that donned the walls at Rainbow House what a difference the respite makes.
My challenge of paddling a mere 60-70 miles across the sea is a drop in the ocean compared to the daily struggles that the families Rainbow Trust support have to deal with.
I felt Rainbow House was a home away from home and I commend Pat and her team for offering that. The house offers much more than their facilities. It offers families quality time which is so precious in such circumstances. I would say that was priceless!!!

No comments: